Last week I made some cookies with my niece Eliza. My sister found this recipe that makes the best chocolate chip cookies I have had in a while. These cookies are just the right amount of soft & slightly chewy! I liked them so much, I made them again last night for Ryan, for wine club & some for work…spread the wealth & so I share the recipe with you, friends.
Here’s the recipe found from apple a day.
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for ~10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than 12 minutes.)
- Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.